Thursday, October 16, 2008

Uninspired musings



"Why the title?" you ask.

Because it's true. I am completely uninspired. I have been told that I can write well and I have always had the desire to write something. I would drag out a notepad and pen (or later in life, open a Word document) and sit there and stare. Maybe I'm genuinely boring inside my brain (good thing I have you all fooled) but I cannot come up with a single interesting, amusing, or intellectual idea to write about. I was born with writer's block.

It has recently occurred to me that blogging might be the outlet I've been looking for. I can write about little stuff until that fabulous breakthrough comes to me. No doubt there will be plenty of material from my girls, but I plan to venture into some of my lesser loves as well: literature, movies, music, art, hobbies, coffee in the morning, rain, photographs...

I apologize in advance if I bore you to tears. I won't try to be profound or thrilling. I'm just creating a small place to exercise my brain in the middle of diapers, blocks, dishes and laundry.

Thanks for tagging along!

3 comments:

Kim K said...

Welcome to the blogging community! I always appreciate your droll sense of humor, so I know a blog'll be a perfect outlet for your pen, er, keyboard.

And I'm happy to be the first to say that I'll definitely tag along for the ride. :o)

Mom

Lij said...

I am happy that you've started a blog! I linked to yours on mine -- http://lizboltzranfeld.wordpress.com

I look forward to reading what you post!

Anonymous said...

Good thinking babe! I hope you have some fun with this. =)